What is the average hourly pay for a Construction job? Check out our hourly pay calculator to find out and even look up the average pay in your locale.
We've complied information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to help you get a better idea of employment in Construction in Indianapolis.
- Job opportunities are expected to be excellent for experienced workers, particularly for certain occupations.
- Workers have relatively high hourly earnings.
- About 65 percent of establishments employ fewer than 5 people.
- Construction includes a very large number of self-employed workers.Nature of the Industry
- Most workers learn this trade on the job by starting as helpers to more experienced workers; additional classroom instruction may also be needed.
- Job prospects are expected to be good.
- Inclement weather seldom interrupts work, but workers may be idled when downturns in the economy slow construction activity.
- Job opportunities should be very good, especially for those with the broadest range of skills.
- Most electricians acquire their skills by completing an apprenticeship program lasting 4 to 5 years.
- About 4 out of 5 electricians work in the construction industry or are self-employed, but there also will be opportunities for electricians in other industries.
- Many glaziers learn the trade by helping experienced workers.
- Job opportunities are expected to be good.
- Working conditions can be hazardous.
- Formal education beyond high school is not required, but government standards require specific types of on-the-job training.
- Good job opportunities are expected, mainly due to the need to replace workers who leave the occupation.